Monday, July 2, 2007

Blissfully Sleeping

Last night I slept for fourteen hours...and it wasn't a hang over!
FOURTEEN hours! That is like two nights in one! And I'm pretty sure I had five different dreams! My newborn niece probably doesn't even have that luxury! Her little stomach won't let her sleep for more than three or four hours at a time!

On one hand it was incredible, to just sleep with no end in sight, on the other hand, the metamorphing adult in me thought it was a lot of time wasted. Either way, it happened, fourteen blissful hours. I'm still trying to figure out why I was so exhausted. Could it have been because I had spent at least a quarter of the day before tracking down a poetry club in lower Manhattan with someone whose legs are triple the size of mine or the fact that I make drinks with Italian names all day, or could it have been a good catch up since the last eight hour sleep I had...

I think I am going to set aside one day a month when I can sleep for two thirds of the day...I think I will be an even happier person...

1 comment:

pandave said...

hey blonde stranger!
i tagged you... check my blog for deets!