Thursday, June 28, 2007

Count Your Blessings

This has been one of those weeks... The one's where I get through it because I remember my mother singing "Count your Blessings..." You see, I am one of those so blessed people, that no matter how bad it gets, I'm always going to have it better than someone out there. Lately, I have been thinking that I have reached rock bottom, and there really is nowhere else to go, so "something's gotta give" but then something else happens... It's been a long day at work, it happens to be raining, and I have to walk from my train station to my house - about six blocks, and some woman in her fabulous silver car, decides she is the one who is almost going to run over Tjidzani Maphosa. And even if I got the fright of my life, and even though my heart jumped into my mouth for a second there, the key word is almost, and because that is the key word, I am still here, I am still breathing, I don't even have a bruise or a scratch. And so even though yesterday one of my best friends moved away, and yesterday I decided to quit my job and find my career, and yesterday my landlord told me he is selling the house in a month and I have to find somewhere to live...yesterday was yesterday, and today, I am grateful, because there are some people who don't have friends let alone family on another planet, and there are others who don't have the choice of where to work or whether to work, and there are still others whose home address is "at the bottom of the stairs, on the left side of the uptown 6 local train platform, 14th street, Union Square...So I just keep counting...

1 comment:

simba said...

just keeping counting girl. .....thats the Gods honest truth we are blessed.