Friday, June 15, 2007

Corrective Action

I'm sitting in a Starbucks store, at least an hour from home...well, my definition of "home" being, "the place where one sleeps at night"...and I just taught myself a valuable lesson. Giving is a good and positive thing. Gifts are blessings.

Sometimes we are provoked by a certain statement or act, to think in ways that do not follow mainstream rational...or that follow it to an extreme. Our emotions temporarily indoctrinate our brains into believing that our next course of action makes more sense than breathing oxygen. And then we take off on a crazy mission, turning up the heat, simmering the blood in our veins and nothing can stop the negative energy except, well except positive energy.

So today, a switch went off in my head, and right before I got to my destination I saw a Starbucks store. In the blink off an eye, I decided to substitute the gift of "a piece of my mind" with a gift of brewed coffee. Instantly I felt more nurturing, caring and loving. Like that cup of coffee erased everything I had planned up to that point. And it was a good feeling. The feeling that I had overcome the irrational period which would have surely sent me into a time of mourning and regret. The feeling of control and peace. The feeling of positive energy coursing through my being, like a happy little stream, dancing down the mountain side.

No comments: