Sunday, September 28, 2008

Winner by association!

I went to the Scotiabank Waterfront running thing this past weekend. I believe the scientific word for it is marathon. What an event! There were runners from all over Toronto, all over Ontario, all over Canada and yes, you guessed it, all over the world. And no, I was not one of them! Have we met?! But I was so proud to know one of them!

Tendai! Woo Hoo! My heart was pumping so fast as I saw her come around the last bend, that I wished I had entered it into the race! "Go Tendai" I yelled. Woo Hoo! Across the line she went! Way to go! What an adrenaline rush! I literally felt like I crossed the finish line with her! That was how awesome it was. Hugs, pictures, bananas and vita-water later, we went for brunch. Two ladies lunching and chatting about the wonders of their new city...their new life.

I'll never understand why people run, but after watching my first marathon, I know exactly why people turn out in droves to support. Because there is something about watching someone you know...friend or family...accomplish something they set their heart, mind and soul to...that makes you feel like a winner...by association.

Thanks Ms T!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i didn't expect that your talents stretched out this far. Keep up the good work. I like. :)

Anonymous said...

lala