Saturday, September 20, 2008

9/19/08

I recently slammed a door shut, heel swivelled and stormed away...

But as I turned, I caught a glimpse of another door.
One that I had locked and bolted years before.

Curious Catwoman,
I stared at it.
And as I did, I began to see...
Visions
Memories of a past time,
All seemingly positive and happy.
Nothing bad to remind me why I had closed the door in the first place!

Perhaps I closed the door because there was something wrong with me
I thought.

I inched forward...peering
Timid...but driven with excitement.

I unbolted...
I unlocked...
I knocked...

And with the voice on the other end, came flooding the memories from that day...

The day I stormed,
The day I heel swivelled,
The day I slammed that door shut.

Someone said, "When one door closes, another one opens."
Someone else said something like, "If a door is closed, a window is opened."

I'm wondering, why all this opening and closing doors and windows and portals and damn pandora's boxes?!

I'm doing away with doors and windows.
Handles, hinges, locks, bolts, all of it!

I'm thinking outside the box!

Because I am secure enough not to confine you to my life, nor to shut you out of it.

No comments: