Saturday, November 22, 2008

Karim’s Lucky Map

Karim taught me about the lucky map.
He taught me that it is a secret map. A map that only he can see.
And to show me he used the flyer in the pew to manifest it to me.
He rolled it into a scroll. “You see, it’s my lucky map” he said, grinning.
I grinned back.
Karim’s lucky map.
“I’m a pirate with my lucky map,” he said.
No doubt the church was his ship, and the congregation his wanton sailors!
He didn’t seem to care what the map was leading to, or what it symbolized…just that he had it and that it was lucky.

I think the real message to me today came through Karim.

Time’s awasting, while I try to figure out what it is I should do, which road to take, what to pack, how to get there, who to take with me, what to prepare for. Time’s awasting while I ask these questions with no answers.
Time’s awasting and it can never be returned.

What can I learn from a 3 year old?

Just be.

Wherever you are.
Whatever you have.
Believe it and be it.

Your map, only you can see.
It is inscribed on your brain, in your thoughts, in your dreams,
And it is lucky.

Time’s awasting,

Get moving.

2 comments:

pandave said...

happy birthday to meeee!!!
happy birthday to meee!!!!
on the date of this blooooog!
happy birthday to meee!!!

lol.

pandave said...

and amen to the lucky map!